Trading carrots for chocolate pudding since 2012.
I decided it wasn’t fair for YetiVedder to have all the bullet-point fun, so I reckon I’ll join in on the fad.
What will you find in this weekly list? I have no freaking clue, but I’m sure it will all be deep and profound.
* It’s hard for me not to comment on Monday Night Football’s debacle. What I will say is simply this: It was the most obvious pass interference in the history of the NFL, and it was a clear interception. Packers should have won.
* The Sunday night game between the Ravens and the Patriots and the Monday night game shared so many similarities, it’s scary:
– In both games, a total of 24 penalties were called with 14 going against the home team. However, both home teams benefitted from a terrible call to keep one of their final drives alive.
– In the Sunday night game with just over four minutes left and New England up 30-21, the Patriots finally recorded their first sack. It would have been 3rd-and-22 from the New England 23. Instead, a phantom holding call on Brandon Spikes gave the Ravens a first down and they scored on the next play.
– In the Monday night game with 8:44 remaining and Green Bay up 12-7, Russell Wilson’s pass attempt was intercepted by the Packers at the Seattle 26. But an absolutely brutal roughing-the-passer call on Erik Walden gave the Seahawks 15 yards and an automatic first down. Seattle would drive all the way down to the Green Bay 3 before turning it over on downs, but the wheels were already set in motion for the disaster.
– Both games ended with a ridiculously controversial call that benefitted the home team, allowing it to walk away with a win. Point of the story: time for the replacement refs to take a hike.
* Does Montel Williams own Money Mutual or something? I’m getting about as sick seeing him on my TV screen as I am Flo or the gecko.
* Every now and then, I like to play The Nipple Game. What I do is surf over to the 5PL stats page and see what search terms people are using to find us. There are always gems such as these: jennifer aniston nipples, red nipples, nice nipples, great nipples, hot nipples, stiff nips, very long nipples, avatar nipples, eva longoria nipples and horny nipples. People really like nipples.
* As most of you know, I’ve been unemployed since May. Since that time, I’ve been called about one interview – and that was set up by a friend. Well last week, I was contacted about an interview for tomorrow at 11 a.m. And, of course, after that happened I was contacted for another interview at the same time. Luckily I was able to reschedule the second interview for Thursday. Maybe things are starting to turn around.
* Key to horror movie marketing: have an attractive female with big boobs run around for most of the trailer wearing a white tank top. (For example, see: House at the End of the Street).
* Speaking of the Green Bay Packers, who knew they were the most marketable team in the NFL? By my count, four Packers appear in multiple national spots: Aaron Rodgers (Domino’s, State Farm), Greg Jennings (ESPN, Old Spice, NFL.com), B.J. Raji (State Farm) and Clay Mathews (some ad about NFL Mobile).
* It’s allergy season, folks. Here’s a little tip: a teaspoon of local honey taken daily relieves most allergy symptoms. You’re welcome.
* Hey baby goat.
* Whatever happened to Larisa Oleynik? I was in love with her when she was on The Secret World of Alex Mack. Then she was in like one movie – 10 Things I Hate About You – and disappeared. Where are you, Larisa?! I still love you!
* There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that when I play The Nipple Game later this week, I will see “larisa oleynik nipples.”
* My wife and I are going to a haunted dinner/investigation tonight at The Tavern on Main in Chepachet, Rhode Island. So stoked!
* Banger of the Week: Red Dress by LoveHateHero